Thursday 21 December 2017

Christmas from the Store


Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store? What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!

--Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas


Hello world!

It’s been a while I wrote a blogmas post here. Life has been pretty busy, overwhelming. Is it just me, or time is really running quicker than normal? Today is 21st December, just 3 days and 17 hours to Christmas. By the time we realize, we have entered 2018.

Oh well, life itself just passes quickly by.

I was at work yesterday when it dawned on me that we have entered the 20s of the month, but I hadn’t had time to do a proper Christmas shopping for gifts and food. I then understood those who usually say they hadn’t got time to do anything.

Well, maybe, I do not know how to manage my time.

A thought came to mind. Christmas is not all about the physical things we use to celebrate. As I participate in the #LightTheWorld initiative, I realized Christmas is all about having time for your loved ones and the people who love you. I must not worry about not having time to do Christmas shopping, I must worry about not having enough time to spend time with family, friends and loved ones.
The #LightTheWorld initiative has taught me about the value of service and presence. Jesus Christ gave service to His fellow men, even though he is the King of kings. He took care of people and loved them.

The quote I wrote above came to mind. I have been watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas since I was younger, and this quote came in handy.

Do not worry about not having time and money to spend on the material things of Christmas, even though, it is so cool and fun to do such things. The most people thing is having the people you love around you during this time of the year.



The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? You are definitely my sunshine.
Love ya :) I would reply as soon as possible.

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace